Biometric system of access control and operating time of BioSmart
JSC “Group of companies ISKANDER” is a supplier of software-hardware complex “BioSmart”, which implements adoption and technical support of this system.
JSC “Group of companies ISKANDER” implements:
- Adoption of control systems and access control
- Adoption of systems of calculating operating time of the personnel of a company
- Adoption of ways to guarantee security of information
- Adoption of complex solutions for identification of users in SPC, financial, payment and other systems of servicing
- Open integration of the system with products of other suppliers, aimed at providing complex security at railway stations.
Description and range of application
Control system and access control (further CSAC) BioSmart allows companies to organize efficient control system and access control, prevent unauthorized access to the territory of the company. CSAC BioSmart is in compliance with all modern requirements, needed for such systems, which provide with high level of security, control of attendance and work discipline, integration with systems of other suppliers. Principle of operation of CSAC BioSmart is based on technology of identification of personality by fingerprints or contactless plastic card. Usage of modern technical devices provide with high level of reliability of the system, at the same time the system is quite easy and comfortable to use.
Main functions of CSAC BioSmart
Control system and access control:
- Identification by fingerprints or contactless plastic cards
- Access only by registered workers and visitors
- Administration of access devices (locks, turnstiles)
- Forming of alert in case of an unauthorized access
- Division of access in terms of time zones
- Monitoring of events online
- Access in regimes: fingerprint or card, fingerprint and car, fingerprint on card
Control system of operating time of personnel:
- Automated calculation of arrival and departure time
- Recording of time board (sample T-13)
- Making records on presence or absence of a worker on the work place, late arrivals or early departures
- Creating and keeping database of workers (electronic card file)
- Import of data into program Microsoft Excel, 1 C: accounting (versions 7.7, 8.1, 8.2 and other)
Security of the work space:
- Integration with other existing systems of security of buildings (OPS, SKD, video control, firefighting, etc)
- Prevents unauthorized access to the premises
Advantages of CSAC BioSmart
CSAC BioSmart has a range of advantages in comparison with traditional systems of access control:
- The system is suitable for Russian conditions (temperature range of work is – 40°С to +50°С)
- Algorithms of processing the fingerprints samples are in compliance with GOST-P ISO/MEK 19794/2 2005
- It is possible to identify up to 30000 fingerprints in server regime
- Patent device protection from imitation
Structural scheme of CSAC BioSmart
CSAC BioSmart is a network, distributed system with demarcations of access rights of users, if necessary being extended, open for integration with devices of other suppliers. At the points of pass-through controllers Biosmart are installed. They are connected to the administrator computer or server with interface RS485 or separate lines of connection Ethernet. BackboneRS485 is organized with the help of converters (USB-RS485, LAN-RS485, GPRS-RS485). It is possible to connect controller Biosmart directly to local network Ethernet.
Operating principle of CSAC BioSmart
CSAC BioSmart is a network, distributed system with demarcations of access rights of users, if necessary being extended, open for integration with devices of other suppliers. At the points of pass-through controllers Biosmart are installed. They are connected to the administrator computer or server with interface RS485 or separate lines of connection Ethernet. BackboneRS485 is organized with the help of converters (USB-RS485, LAN-RS485, GPRS-RS485). It is possible to connect controller Biosmart directly to local network Ethernet. Registration of users is effected in program BioSmart-Studio. For fingerprints registration control reader is used, being connected through USB-port of a personal computer. It is possible to register up to 5 fingerprints and one code of contactless card (format Em-Marine, Mifare or HID) for every user. Mathematical samples of fingerprints are stored in database, which makes it impossible to reconstruct their graphic depiction. Then the user is allotted with the access rights for specific points of pass-through, information about the user is transferred to controller or identification server in protected form. When a user presses his finger or plastic card to the scanner, the registeredв sample is searched for in database. In regime of server identification, search and comparison of the samples is effected on the external server, which increases the speed of processing huge database. In case of successful identification controller generates the controlled signal to executive devices (electromagnet lock, turnstile and other). Controller block of relay (CBR) is installed inside the room which excludes the risk of unauthorized access to the room by locking of the wires or imitation of controller signal. In case of successful identification necessary information is registered in the journal, this information being used in future for control of operating time and generation of different reports. It is possible to monitor all events online. Events of unsuccessful identification or attempt of unauthorized access are fixed in the system. CSAC BioSmart can work with external sensors. Discrete logins are foreseen in the system in order to connect external button of leaving the premises, sensor of opening doors, turnstile sensor, fire alarm. All events connected with external sensors are fixed in the journal.
CSAC BioSmart in a small company (number of workers up to 100)
In case of necessity to organize access control and control of operating time in a small company it is possible to use CSAC BioSmart in minimum configuration. Personal computer can be used both for registration of users in the system and for record-keeping in the journal and forming the records on the operating time. Controllers are connected to the personal computer through USB-RS485, on one line RS485 up to 32 controllers can work.
CSAC BioSmart in a small company (number of workers up to 500)
The feature of using CSAC BioSmart in a medium-size company is using of line of connection RS485 and local network Ethernet. Controllers can connect to the local network via converter LAN-485 or directly, using BioSmart with build-in port Ethernet. Biometrical terminal BioSmart controls the turnstile, installed at the pass-through of the company. Usage of terminals with built-in readers of contactless cards gives opportunity to organize the pass of the personnel by fingerprints and visitors by plastic card. Depending on the level of access certain premises of the company can be installed either with biometrical controllers BioSmart or controllers BioSmart-Prox for working with contactless cards. Software of BioSmartNet-Work and Work-Time allows to organize separate work places for registration of users, monitoring of events in system (at the pass-through) and getting reports on operating time.
CSAC BioSmart in a big company (number of workers up to 3000)
In a big company with a bigger volume of database of personnel fingerprints (up to 30000 fingerprints) it is necessary to apply server identification, i.e. to use calculation power of server for quick search of fingerprints in the database. The average speed of identification 10000 fingerprints is not more than one second. It is obligatory to apply backbones Ethernet and controllers BioSmart along with built-in port Ethernet. It is possible to organize access by card or card + fingerprint for controlled-access enterprise. Software “Centre of synchronization” allows to organize the operation of several offline servers in terms of one access control system BioSmart.
Identification by card and fingerprints (for unlimited number of users)
Unlimited opportunities of volume of fingerprints database in CSAC BioSmart are possible in case plastic cards (format Mifare or HID iClass with inner memory 1 or 4 kilobytes) are used. In this case fingerprints samples are recorded to the plastic card. To identify the user it is needed to press the card to the controller reader, transferring fingerprint sample to the controller memory. Controller then passes to the standby mode, then the user presses his finger to the reader, comparison of the sample recorded on the card with the pressed finger takes place. Such method of identification does not limit volume of fingerprints database.
Access control and operating time control for distant objects.
In case of necessity to control access and operating time when the controlling personal computer or server is far away from points of pass-through and where it is impossible to use local network Ethernet or internet the companies can use communication channel GPRS of mobile network. Controllers Biosmart are connected via converter GPRS-485, download of fingerprints samples and journals of events is effected through GPRS channel, what provides quick and cheap transfer of data to the server. The number of distant objects can be unlimited. For control of equipment safety there are sensors of opening of the frame and sensors of discharge of accumulator. If the sensors are active, text messages to 5 specified telephone numbers are sent immediately.
Biometrical controller “BioSmart”optical reader (laid on)
- Capacitive fingerprints scanner
- Maximum fingerprints in local mode – 4500
- Maximum fingerprints in server mode – 30000
- Maximum card codes – 3000
- Risk of error refusal of the pass – 0,001 %
- Risk of error pass – 0,0001 %
- Time of fingerprint identification 1:1000 – not more than 1 second
- Interface of connection – Ethernet, RS485, speed up to 115200 bytes/second
- Interface Wiegand-26, 1 input, 1 output
- Real time, calendar
- Journal of events – 40000 notes
- Consumption of 9-18 V of direct current
- Temperature range – 0 °С to +50 °С
- Protection from vandalism
- Reader Mifare
- Reader HID
Biometrical reader for personal computer (controller reader)
- Interface USB 1.1
- Resolution of operating surface 508 dpi
- Dimensions of working surface of scanner 16×24 mm
- Dimensions of scanned picture 480×320 mm
- Temperature range – 0 °С to +50 °С
- Tension of consumption through USB-port DC 4.45.25
- Weight 80 g
- Speed of data transfer 6 megabyte/second
Converter of interface GPRS/485
Technical characteristics GPRS/485
- tension of consumption 5±0,25 V
- current consumption 500 mA
- light-emitting diode 2
- temperature range -30 °С to +50 °С
- dimensions 65x72x10mm
- Metallic frame with AKB